Media.net Walkin as Linux Administrator for Graduate on 18th June 2016
- Participate in 24x7 shifts
- Monitor the stability of our products with various internal tools.
- Handle incident response, troubleshooting and fix for various product/services.
- Handle escalations as per policies/procedures.
- Get different internal/external groups together to resolve production site issues effectively.
- Communicate clearly on tickets, phone calls made to the team about various issues.
- Exhibit a sense of urgency to resolve issues.
- Ensure SLA's and Operational standards are met.
- Raise tickets to different internal groups to resolve recurrent problems,alerts and follow-up on escalated issues.
- Liaison with engineering teams for RCA's, permanent resolutions on issues affecting production sites.
- Contribute to Operations handbook.
- Ensure smooth hand-offs between shifts
- Linux: Good understanding of Linux Systems.
- Windows: Windows 2000/2003/2008
- Scripting: Any of Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/PHP.
- Fundamentals: Basic DNS & Networking, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts.
- Application Protocols: SMTP,HTTP,FTP,IMAP,POP
- Systems/Hardware: RAID, LOM/IPMI/IP KVMs, Dell Hardware.
- Windows: WMI, Powershell/VB scripts, MS-SQL Fundamentals.
- Applications: Postfix/Exim, Database Systems Fundamentals (MySQL/Postgres), Nginx, Apache, Haproxy, Tomcat.
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, DHCP, Kickstart/Cobbler, Yum, RPM, GIT/SVN
- Others: Regular expressions, Rescue Kits like TRK
- Linux experts (B.E, B.Tech, Diploma, other Grads)
- Redhat , AWS certification - added advantage
- Flexible with respect to work hours
- Ready to learn and grow
Bengaluru - 560103.
Contact Person: Ranjana